Dreaming in the Dark [eBook] edited by Jack Dann
AN ANTHOLOGY edited by Jack Dann
PUBLICATION DATE November 2016
INTRODUCTION Jack Dann
COVER ILLUSTRATION Greg Bridges
ePub edition for Apple iPad, iMac/PC, Sony and other eBook readers
A MOBI edition is also available for Amazon Kindle devices
ABOUT THE BOOK
Garth Nix dishes up the dirt on those pesky superheroes while Sean Williams shows you that matter transmission is more frightening that you ever thought possible.
Paul Brandon explains the nature of fallen angels and love while James Bradley dreams about Mars and the fate that awaits all cultures.
Discover hot new writer Rjurik’s Davidson’s world of ice and betrayal and Terry Dowling’s melding of graffito with the art of magic.
Lisa Hannett will give you a glimpse of the mating rituals taking place on an alien world, and Jason Nahrung will show you an Australia you’ve never even dreamed of; and in case you’re interested in discovering the shape of eternity, take a trip to Adam Browne’s “Liquid Palace” and the tiny eyeship sailing within.
And the fabulations by featured writers Kim Westwood, Sean McMullen, Angela Slatter, Richard Harland, Venero Armanno, Rosaleen Love, Alan Baxter, Anna Tambour, Janeen Webb, Kirstyn McDermott, Kim Wilkins, and Simon Brown, all of whom will amaze you, terrify you, make you see the world under new lights, and carry you away to new realms of experience.
So welcome to the undiscovered worlds of some of the most talented authors working in Australia . . . authors who are making the rules, abiding by the rules and breaking the rules.
- Welcome to the Golden Age:
- An Introduction of Sorts—Jack Dann
- Sing, My Murdered Darlings—Sean Williams
- Falling Angel—Paul Brandon
- Martian Triptych—James Bradley
- Northerner’s Farewell—Rjurik Davidson
- Midnight In The Graffiti Tunnel
- —Terry Dowling
- A Right Pretty Mate—Lisa L. Hannett
- Eromon No More—Jason Nahrung
- Luv Story—Kim Westwood
- The Luminarium Tower—Sean McMullen
- Neither Time Nor Tears—Angela Slatter
- His Shining Day—Richard Harland
- The Liquid Palace—Adam Browne
- Heat Treatment—Venero Armanno
- Snowflakes All the Way Down
- —Rosaleen Love
- Served Cold—Alan Baxter
- The Dog Who’d Been Dead—Anna Tambour
- Fade To Grey—Janeen Webb
- All Those Superpowers and What Are They Good For?—Garth Nix
- Burnt Sugar—Kirstyn McDermott
- In Hornhead Wood—Kim Wilkins
- Moonshine—Simon Brown