ACG Collected Works - Forbidden Worlds (Vol 1) [Signed Slipcased]
July/August 1951 to March/April 1952 Issues 1 - 5
PUBLICATION DATE: November 2011
- Size: 275 mm x 190 mm x 30 mm (Portrait)
- Case: Matt Laminated coating, 128gsm artpaper pasted onto 3 mm greyboard - each to hold one book.
PRINT RUN: 300 Signed by Stan Nicholls
- Certificate/Signing Sheet
- A limited edition print of Re-imagined cover of Issue 5 by Edward Miller signed by Stan Nicholls, Les Edwards and PS Publishing founder Peter Crowther
- Size: 260 mm x 170 mm (Portrait)
- Text : 280 micron diplomat pulpboard
FOREWORD: Stan Nicholls
They may have been Forbidden to some--particularly when the Wertham Seduction of the Innocent book hit the newsstands--but to kids the length and breadth of the United States (and a select few in the UK), Richard Hughes and his tremblin’ team of terrific tormenters were where it was at. Big time. And now, a half-century since the first issue appeared, ACG’s wonderful Forbidden Worlds are accessible once more . . . and this time in state-of-the-art hardcover volumes containing five to seven issues apiece. This is going to be one hell of a journey: come make it with us as we travel together through some of the most memorable comicbooks of all time. Just 300 slipcase copies @ £69.99
Tales exploring the supernatural featuring Issues 1-5 from July/August 1951 to March/April 1952 of the ACG classic Forbidden Worlds. Featuring an essay by British author Stan Nicholls, this first volume has been meticulously compiled from the original source material and painstakingly digitally restored.
Slipcase edition will feature re-imagined cover by Edward Miller of issue 5 as a limited edition print signed by Edward Miller, Stan Nicholls and PS Publishing founder Peter Crowther. Limited to just 300 copies.