TITLE Exotic Gothic 5 [Volume 2]
AN ANTHOLOGY edited by Danel Olson
PUBLICATION DATE June 2013
EDITION Jacketed Hardcover
FRONT COVER ART Apolinar Chuca
BACK COVER ART Marcela Bolivar
INTERIOR ART (El Nahual) Berumen & Coyote
PRINT RUN 300 numbered 201-500
200 special slipcased two-book sets numbered 1-200 are also available.
This year the Series has gone farther distances than ever before to find authors who evolve the Gothic genre. Authors born in eleven countries contribute new fiction (or fiction never published in English) to the fifth in the Exotic Gothic serie—twenty–six stories in all, split into two volumes.
A commitment was also made early to encourage gender balance in the anthology. After reading with shock how women writers are severely underrepresented in many genre anthologies the Editor asked, “Why are we cheating ourselves and our readers in this way? And how do we face our daughters if we perpetuate that unfairness?” Thirteen of the stories are written by women, and thirteen by men.
It is with great satisfaction that PS Publishing now presents what may be the most involving and affecting storytelling yet to appear in the entire Gothic Quintet . . .
- Danel Olson - Preface
- Terry Dowling - The Sleepover
- Kola Boof - The Sweet Virgin Meat
- Lily Herne - XYZ
- John Llewellyn Probert - The Secondary Host
- Berumen &Coyote - El Nahual
- Carlos Hernandez - More Than Pigs and Rosaries Can Give
- Thana Niveau - Xibalba
- Anil Menon - Haveli
- Charu Nivedita - Diabolically Yours
- Deborah Noyes - Juicing the Knife
- Reggie Oliver - He Who Beheld the Darkness
- Paul Park - The Statue in the Garden
- Lucy Taylor - Djinn’s Blood