We’re ready for action with BEST NEW HORROR #28, in both trade paperback and regular hardcover states and surely-to-goodness sporting the best yet cover art of total depravity and downright unpleasantness.
Check this for a line-up, believers:
- Introduction: Horror in 2016 – The Editor
- Pale Tree House – Angela Slatter
- The Light at the Centre – Maura McHugh
- En Plein Air – J.T. Glover
- India Blue – Glen Hirshberg
- Walking with the Cross – Peter Bell
- Bedtime Story – Richard Christian Matheson
- The Symphony of the Normal – Darren Speegle
- The Ballet of Dr. Caligari – Reggie Oliver
- Who is This Who is Coming? – Lynda E. Rucker
- The House That Moved Next Door – Stephen Volk
- Princess – Dennis Etchison
- A Home in the Sky – Lisa Tuttle
- On These Blackened Shores of Time – Brian Hodge
- The Enemy Within – Steve Rasnic Tem
- The Court of Midnight – Mark Samuels
- Far from Any Shore – Caitlín R. Kiernan
- The Fig Garden – Mark Valentine
- White Feathers – Alison Littlewood
- Over to You – Michael Marshall Smith
- In the Dark, Quiet Places – Kristi DeMeester
- Mare’s Nest – Richard Gavin
- The Red Forest – Angela Slatter
- Necrology: 2016 – Stephen Jones & Kim Newman
- Useful Addresses
We’ll have to hold off for a while until the signature sheets for the limited edition have made their way around the world . . . but you know the drill on that score: we’ll get as much done as we’re able.
Meanwhile, we’re delighted to announce that BEST NEW HORROR #29 is now open to submissions of materials first published in 2017. All the details can be found, here.
Deadline is January 2018.